Acute Psychiatric Hospital Care
Acute Psychiatric Hospital Care is an inpatient program at Methodist Behavioral Hospital located in Maumelle. This is the most intensive service level of the Continuum of Care. The 20-bed program for children and adolescents ages 3-17 focuses on stabilization and medication management for patients in crisis. The average length of stay is 7-10 days.
Acute Psychiatric Hospital Care offers routine interventions by a child psychiatrist and intensive coordinated treatment by a physician-led team of mental health professionals including psychologists, social workers and 24-hour skilled nursing care. The program also provides weekly individual and family therapy as well as daily process groups, skill building activities and educational instruction by child psychologists, social workers, case managers and behavioral instructors. Certified special education teachers provide education for youth receiving Acute Psychiatric Hospital Care.
· Referral sources - outpatient providers, Department of Human Services, probation officers, churches, parents and families
· Capacity - 20 beds
· Length of stay - 7-10 days
· Criteria for acceptance - ages 3-17; serious and imminent risk of harm to self or others due to a psychiatric illness
· Uses the Teaching-Family Model
· Payment sources - Medicaid, private insurance, self-pay
· Aftercare, placement and follow-up - referral for individual therapy, family therapy and/or medication management; specialized treatment, as needed [substance abuse treatment, sexual abuse program, therapeutic day treatment] and Continuum resources
Contact Inpatient Admissions for additional program information.
toll-free (866) 813-3388